Friday, March 22, 2013

I'll Stop the World and Melt With You

Hi fellow writers and whatnot,

21/12/12 will NOT be the end of the world. An image of the end ending, if the prediction came true, not that it would.Sorry. I don't mean to be rude by calling anyone who does not write a "whatnot", but I was trying to be succinct, which now I'm not because of this lengthy explanation. But I digress, a few months ago a wonderful man and human being sent me an email asking of I would participate in this great idea he had. He wanted to create a collection of short stories for his blog all around one central idea.


What if an unstoppable fate was to befall Earth? What if we knew the date of our ultimate demise? What would we do? What would I do? What would you do?

Thus was the beginning of the end, so to speak. Well, he calls it World's End.

This was a hallmark time for me for many reasons.

One: it was the first time I had ever been asked to do something for someone else's blog. To say I was flattered is an understatement. Because this person is Josh Hewitt, a most gifted writer who has poignant things to say. Also, he is funny as hell. Also, I adore him. Also, he is cute. So there. (By the way, not to shamelessly pawn myself off on anyone, but I would TOTES be willing to do this again, should the situation arise. And I would say really nice things about you. And call you cute. Just sayin'.)

Two: this was the first short story I have ever written. Mostly because I was scared as hell. I mean, to develop character and plot and theme all in less than 5000 words...well that's plain difficult! But what can I say? Josh inspired me. As well as events in my own life. What I have created I am super proud of. I really do think it is some of my best work.

Three: This was also the first time I wrote in third person limited as well as from a male POV. So scary, really, on many levels.

So, it all begins with Josh's story. It is amazing. He is amazing. And I cannot wait to see what all my friends have come up with themselves. Did I mention some of the best and most talented writers I know are in on this too? Yeah. You will all want to read all of these. I will definitely keep you updated when new stories come out. Especially...ahem...yours truly.


So here it is: WORLD'S END

So what would you do if the world were to end?



1 comment:

Say what?