So the sweet and wonderful Jake Bonsignore nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thanks, Jake. You are awesome. It's nice to be thought about. So, I followed the directions and here I am.
11 questions with 11 answers.
11 more nominations.
11 new questions.
So, here is how this award works:
- I list 11 random facts about myself
- I will answer the 11 questions asked of me by the person who nominated me.
- I will then nominate 11 others for the award and pose them 11 questions to answer when they respond.
- If you are nominated, your name and blog link will appear at the bottom of this post, along with your questions. Follow the same format; paste the award badge to your blog, give us 11 random facts about yourself, answer my 11 questions, and choose your 11 nominees. However, you cannot nominate the blog who nominated you.
II random Facts:
1. I'm a Cali girl, born and raised. Orange County. Laguna. I miss the beach.
2. I've gone through the windshield of my car in an accident. Spent 4 hours in the ER as the nurse used tweezers to pick out tiny shards of glass.
3. I like chocolate. I like peanut butter. I do not like them together. I know…this is weird. Peanut butter is a STAND ALONE people. It needs nothing else.
4. I also don’t like peanut butter and jelly. Blech.
5. I get bored with my hair, so I am always changing it. Coloring it, cutting it, bangs, no bangs, long, short. I keep my hairdresser busy.
6. I think about things. A lot. Deeply. To the point where sometimes it can get overwhelming.
7. I am a bit of a rebel. If someone says I can't do something, I need to do it.
8. I love backgammon.And air hockey. And video games. I am kinda nerdy like that.
9. I named my guitar Phoebe. I can also play Smelly Cat.
10. I snort when I laugh hard. I snorted three times yesterday. It's quite embarrassing.
11. I would love to go to a Comic Con someday. I wouldn't dress up or anything cray cray like that, but I'd totally go.
The Questions to Answer
1. What is your favorite literary genre and novel?
This is tough because I really don't have just one. It depends on my mood. I love a good science fiction book, both YA and adult. But chick lit is my go to for a fun, take me out of my own head, kind of read. I also love pretty much all YA, but especially the ones with swoonworthy guys.
2. What is your favorite part of the writing process?
I think the feeling you get when you start something and you're really excited about it is my favorite. It's like meeting a new person, you can't wait to find out everything about them. You want to experience life from their eyes. And building their background is fun too.
3. Do you prefer books in print or e-book? Why?
Books. Always real books. There is something about the feel of the pages, the smell of ink, the sound of the turn of a page…it cannot be replaced. Ever.
4. What are your two most favored hobbies, aside from writing?
I love to cook, especially new recipes. I also love music. I listen to everything. I'm pretty sure my life has a soundtrack. Music is a big part of my life, I couldn’t live without it. I also love playing my guitar, but I am still not that great at it.
5. Who or what is your biggest source of inspiration?
Honestly, it is not a person. Life. That's my greatest inspiration. I see stories everywhere. Everyone's life is a story with moments of greatness and moments of sadness, first kisses, death, birth, everything. This big, beautiful world inspires me every day. I am blessed to be a part of it all.
6. Have you ever gone to a Writer’s Convention?
No, but I plan to this summer. Hopefully with a couple of my writer friends.
7. Do you like it when books are made into other forms of media (e.g., movies, games, etc.)?
I like movies from books, just to see what they can do with them. But most movies let me down. They are rarely as good as the books. But I guess that is to be expected. Books are about the experience, not just the world and characters created.
8. What is the quote or mantra you favor the most or try to live by?
There are two.
When life hands you lemons, look at life and say, "Yeah, I like lemons. What else ya got?"
Don't tell me what I can't do.
9. Cats or Dogs?
Both. I have always been a dog person. Until I got cats. Now I could not see myself without them.
10. What is your favorite sport to watch and/or play?
I love basketball and hockey. I don't play sports. I am completely uncoordinated. I'd make a fool of myself.
11. What would you like to study more or write about (given no time or expense restrictions)?
I would love to write a science fiction, but I would need to delve into a lot to write about something that hasn’t been written yet. Also, I think a historical fiction taking place in the Roaring 20's would be awesome.
My Eleven for the Next Eleven
1. What is your favorite book ever?
2. If you could meet any author, dead or alive, who would it be? (mine is totally Ray Bradbury)
3. If you could have a writing retreat, a place to go where you could just write in solitude, where would it be? (anywhere in the world)
4. If/When you are best seller, what would be the first thing you'd do the day you found out you were number one?
5. What is your quote or mantra in life?
6. Who is your hero?
7. What book that hasn’t been written would you love to write?
8. What is your biggest inspiration?
9. What is your biggest fear?
10. What is your biggest hope?
11. If your life was a book, what would the title be?
The Next Eleven
So, that's it. Answer and tag others. It's fun. Do it. All the cool kids are. If you don't bad things will happen. Okay, not really. Do it if you want. If not, I won't hold it against you. This time.